Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Great Allegheny Passage

The training has officially begun. Geared up yesterday and took a nice brisk bike ride. It was the first day of my official training for our long distance journey this summer. My husband and I and some friends will be taking the GAP trail from Connellsville to Cumberland Maryland during a nice two day trip. It's just about 100 miles each way. All of my 50 minute treks on the elliptical every-night and long distance bike trips on weekends, will hopefully get me through this trip. I will be keeping a calendar of my miles on the bike before the trip just so I know I am ready. Our friend told us if we can ride 75 miles in one day then we can definitely do 100. Let's hope he is right! He is definitely a roady! I'm just going to keep telling my self if he can do it, well....... so can I!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that sounds like a lot of miles! I'm impressed and I know you can do it! :) You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jamie! Will you please record yourself saying that and put it in Mp3 format so that i may listen to it when I'm crying my eyes out thinking I can't go any further!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Find me a recorder and I will gladly. :) You CAN do it!

    ReplyDelete